PINEHURST, N.C. -- Masters champion Bubba Watson avoided major mistakes, putted well and seemed more comfortable in his second run through Pinehurst No. 2 at the U.S. Open. Too bad it came a day late. Watson shot an even-par 70 on Friday, not enough following an opening 76 that ultimately cost him a shot of playing on the weekend. "Its easy today," Watson joked. "After youre out of it, its kind of easy just to go around and play golf." Watson finished at 6-over 146 to miss the cut by a stroke. Jason Dufner, Luke Donald, Charl Schwartzel and Hunter Mahan -- -- done in by a two-shot penalty for playing the wrong ball on his ninth hole -- also dropped out after finishing at 6 over. Dufner has missed the cut in two straight majors after winning the PGA Championship. Watson won his second green jacket in three years in April -- his second PGA Tour victory this year -- then led late at the Memorial before faltering and finishing third. He arrived at Pinehurst hoping to become the first player since Tiger Woods in 2002 to win the years first two majors. But he never gave himself a chance, his stay cut short by Thursdays miserable round of five bogeys and one double-bogey -- a performance that had Watson lamenting that the course "is better than me right now." He got off to a better start Friday on a layout softened by overnight rain with birdies on two of his first three holes. He was more accurate hitting fairways and greens while also making more putts than a day earlier, but three bogeys in four holes just before the turn did him in. Watson tied for fifth at the U.S. Open in 2007 at Oakmont, but has missed the cut three times since. "The greens are very difficult," Watson said about Pinehurst. "For me personally, I dont like the look of it. The targets are really small to try to hit the greens. Youve got to hit the ball really straight I believe to hit it in the 10-foot circles on each green. So for me, its just a very difficult course." Donald was worse off than Watson after a 7-over 77 in his first round. He was much better Friday with only one bogey and a 69, but missed the U.S. Open cut for the second time in three years. Meanwhile, Schwartzel -- paired with Watson and top-ranked Adam Scott -- went the opposite direction. After an even-par 70 on Thursday, he had five bogeys and two double-bogeys en route to a 76 on Friday. Dufner, who missed the cut by six shots at the Masters, had 11 bogeys over two rounds and shot 74 on Friday. He had tied for fourth in the past two U.S. Opens. Then there was Mahan. A year after playing in Sundays final group, Mahan was penalized when he and Jamie Donaldson each mistakenly played the others ball in the 18th fairway following their tee shots. That two-shot penalty dropped Mahan below the cut line. John Wood, Mahans caddie, took the blame because he was the first one to reach the ball. "You cant imagine yourself doing something colossally as stupid as that, but I did it," Wood said. "I wont forgive myself very soon after this." Donaldson also missed the cut, shooting 81 on Friday after an even-par first round to finish at 11-over 151. Drew Robinson Jersey .4 seconds left and dribbled up court, weaving through Pitts defence. Ken Boyer Cardinals Jersey . The 27-year-old hit .209 in 86 at-bats last year after missing the 2010 season following surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. http://www.authenticcardinalspro.com/cardinals-steve-carlton-jersey/ . Zdeno Chara scored with 13 seconds left in regulation after David Krejci tied it late, lifting the Bruins to a 3-2 win over Pittsburgh on Saturday night in a game that saw Orpik taken from the ice on a stretcher. Paul Goldschmidt Cardinals Jersey .com) - Rajon Rondo turned in a game-high 21 points to go with eight rebounds and seven assists as Dallas claimed a 102-98 win over the Lakers on Friday. Tim McCarver Cardinals Jersey . The former central defender calmly nodded it down and quietly went about celebrating a win with his staff. For a man who has had a lot on his shoulders this season, it was an appropriate moment. TORONTO -- An exercise rider died Tuesday after being crushed by a thoroughbred at Torontos Woodbine Racetrack in what officials described as a "freak accident." Police said the rider was in the saddle around 6 a.m., when the horse went into an "unexplained wild gallop," showing signs of medical distress. The rider, who was identified as Mourad Boudraa, 40, was crushed into the track railing and then by the weight of the horse as it collapsed. Jamie Martin, vice-president of Woodbine Entertainment Group, said Boudraa was originally from Morocco and had three to four years of experience as an exercise rider. "He was a freelance so he worked for a number of trainers," Martin said. "I would say its a freak accident." The horse, Tawneys Wish, died of what Woodbine Racetrack officials said was believed to be a heart attack. The three-year-old dark filly had one start this year and $368 in winnings. Mike Pownall, an equine veterinarian, said the horses cause of death wont be known until a necropsy is performed. "Its like when you find those athletes that suddenly die and you find theres a heart defect, that would be the human equivalency," Pownall said. "You have no idea it was existing, or you could prevent it, or you could do anything to allter the course.dddddddddddd" In 2011, Canadian Olympic champion Eric Lamaze was riding his horse Hickstead in Italy when the animal suddenly collapsed and died of an acute aortic rupture. The horse had carried Lamaze to gold and silver at the Beijing Olympics in show jumping. The Ontario Racing Commission, which requires a necropsy whenever a racehorse dies, collects information for a database on common racehorse injuries in the hopes of minimizing future problems, Pownall said. Pownall said working with horses carries inherent risk and those involved in the industry are all too aware of what can go wrong. "They know the potential for unexplained, sudden things to happen," he said. "Its a hazard of the job." But in the tight-knit horseracing community in Canada, word travels fast when there is an injury or fatality, he said. "I was sad for the horse, sad for the rider. Nobody wants that. Im proud of the riders that go out there every day and proud of the horses that go out there," he said, adding that Woodbine Racetrack is a "well-regarded track" in terms of safety standards. Officials from the provincial Ministry of Labour are investigating the accident. A necropsy on the horse is set to be performed at the University of Guelph. ' ' '